WORRIED ABOUT YOUR STRETCH MARKS? BIO OIL TO THE RESCUE!
Stretch marks are as common as stones in the streets. Every male or female, irrespective of their age, can experience scratch marks on their bodies. While embracing our flaws is an essential part of the concept of self-love, whether or not to get rid of them, is a matter of choice. It is your body, afterall.
It is no wonder that stretch marks affect our otherwise flawless skin. They may become the reason for us being conscious. In situations like this, it becomes essential to find the perfect remedy for our problem. Luckily, we have been blessed with not one but many ways to rectify the situation.
One such particular gift of the advancement in skin care products is Bio oil. It has been popularized as an effective solution for stretch marks not only by the brand, but also the existing customers. The product gained a huge fan base shortly after it stepped into the market.
How does it help in dealing with stretch marks? Is it really effective or not? How much does it cost? Is it harmful for the skin? How often should the product be applied to the skin? Find the answer to all your questions, right here!
INTRODUCING BIO OIL : A WELL- KNOWN SOLUTION FOR STRETCH MARKS
Bio oil is a popular name in the market. The oil is specifically formulated to deal with a variety of skin issues. Our skin is definitely the largest organ in our body. Skin, being constantly exposed to the harmful elements of the world, experiences degradation in its quality and health.
Bio oil is claimed to restore the original quality of the skin to the maximum possible extent. It is definitely a specialist skin-care product.
The product is an ideal treatment for stretch marks, scars, uneven skin tone, aging skin as well as dehydrated skin. The specific conditions that can be treated using this product, are listed below.
BIO OIL USES
Bio oil can be very beneficial for skin. The doctors recommend bio oil for face, neck, abdomen, legs or any other region of the body that might have stretch marks. No matter what part of the body, you should definitely not restrain from applying it. However, always remember, it is only meant for external use.
If you experience any of the given conditions, feel free to rely on Bio oil for its rectification.
- Ageing Skin
- Chickenpox Scar
- Burn Mark
- Appendectomy Scar
- Pregnancy Stretch Mark
- Caesarean Section Scar
- Age Spots
- Stretch Marks
- Dry Cuticles
- Dry Skin
- Graze Scar
- Insect bite marks
BIO OIL INGREDIENTS – WHAT IS THE OIL MADE OF?
- Vitamin A – This ingredient is responsible for calming and soothing the skin. It acts as an antiseptic.
- Chamomile oil – Rich with anti-inflammatory properties, this ingredient takes care of sensitive skin.
- Lavender oil – Its antibacterial properties prevent the growth of bacterias on the skin.
- Vitamin E – It restores hydration into the skin. Moreover, it protects it from free radicals that can cause problems like skin damage and premature aging among other things.
- Calendula oil – It reduces the inflammation and treats sensitive, damaged as well as sunburnt skin.
- Purcellin oil – The key ingredient, ensures that the oil gets absorbed into the skin. It acts as an emollient that leaves the skin soft, supple and smooth.
- Rosemary oil – It conditions the skin.
BENEFITS OF BIO OIL
Certain features of the product have helped it enter the good books of the customers.
- The oil is non-sticky. It does not make skin look greasy despite being an oil.
- It is light in texture, which makes it easy to wear it.
- It is suitable for all skin types.
- It is non-comedogenic, which means it does not cause clogging of pores.
- It is a dermatologist approved product.
- It has been clinically proven safe and effective for skin issues.
- It is a paraben free product.
HOW TO USE BIO OIL?
The application is quite similar to any other oil.
- Take the appropriate amount of oil in your palm.
- Rub it between your hands.
- Gently massage the oil on the affected area.
- Massage till the oil is absorbed into the skin.
- Apply it two or more times daily. Repeat the process for about three months.
BIO OIL PRICE – IS IT AFFORDABLE?
Bio oil demands a good sum of money in exchange for its beneficial nature. The product comes in three different variants. The prices for the variants may vary depending upon the discounts offered by different websites.
- A 60 ml bottle of Bio oil is available at a price ranging from INR 315 to INR 450.
- A 125 ml bottle of Bio oil is available at a price ranging from INR 595 to INR 700.
- A 200 ml bottle of Bio oil is available at price ranging from INR 1020 to INR 1200.
Is it affordable? Definitely not! The product is far beyond the average affordability range of the customers.
BASIC STRETCH MARKS GUIDE
Stretch marks, as the name suggests, are marks that appear on the skin as it stretches. They appear in the form of a group of parallel lines. These lines are different in color as well as texture and are slightly risen from the normal skin. This is what makes them so visible .
These streaks may appear on different parts of the body. In general, the most stretch marks are found on the abdomen, breasts, around the armpits, hips, buttocks and other places as well. These stretch marks are mostly found in people who have put on either less, moderate or high amounts of weight due to pregnancy or other reasons.
Stretch marks are neither painful nor harmful. They can be considered as scars left on the skin as the body develops with time.
WHAT CAUSES STRETCH MARKS ON THE BODY?
Well, there may be plenty of reasons for that.
- Pregnancy involves putting on weight. As the baby grows, the skin expands. Thus, stretch marks become a common symptom in pregnant women.
- It may sound weird but it has been medically proven that consumption of certain medication containing corticosteroid, be it creams or gels or tablets, reduces the skin’s ability to stretch.
- In case of abnormal and rapid loss or gain of weight, stretch marks may appear on different parts of the body. It is most common among teeenagers after they experience a sudden growth spurt.
- Certain disorders associated with adrenal gland can increase the amount of cortisone in the body. This cause is a contributing factor in the occurrence of stretch marks on the body.
- Weight training done by people working in the gyms etc., often becomes the reason for stretch marks on their body, particularly around the armpits and thighs.
WHAT MAKES A PERSON PRONE TO STRETCH MARKS?
Every person is likely to have stretch marks on their body, at some point in their lives. However, you may be at greater risk than others if:
- You have entered puberty.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are overweight.
- If you have started to put on or lose weight dramatically.
- If you use corticosteroid medicines.
- If you lift heavy weights.
- If you are experiencing any sort of genetic disorder.
- If you are using anabolic steroids.
- If you have delivered a large baby or twins or multiple child births at once.
- If you suffer from adrenal gland disorders.
HOW DO STRETCH MARKS DEVELOP
If you have stretch marks on your body, you may experience the following things:
- In the initial stage, you may observe thin and pink skin.
- Lines, different from the normal color of the skin as well as with raised edges, appear on the skin. Stretch marks vary depending on how long you’ve had them, what caused them, what type of skin you have, where they are on your body and the skin color of your skin. The most common colors of the stretch marks are pink, red, blue or purple streaks.
- Eventually, the streaks may fade and disappear.
TREATMENT FOR STRETCH MARKS
Given below are a few of the effective treatments for stretch marks. These methods do not hide the stretch marks but help you get rid of them.
PROCEDURES PERFORMED BY DERMATOLOGISTS
With the advancement in medical signs, new techniques have been invented to get rid of stretch marks. Procedures like:
- Laser Therapy,
- Chemical Peel,
- Fractional photothermolysis,
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy.
can be used to fade the marks. These procedures are more costly than other treatments. However, there is no doubt that the results are quick, which saves a lot of time and effort a person has to put in otherwise.
The market is flooded with a variety of topical treatments for stretch marks. It may be an oil, gel, ointment or cream. The results are pretty subjective. For some, using these products can be beneficial while for others, they may not deliver positive results. However, these products are easily accessible and way cheaper than the procedures performed by dermatologists.
It is also important to remember that this form of treatment may take a long time to deliver desired results.
For those opting this form of treatment, make sure:
- You start it as soon as possible.
- You include the application of the products in your daily regime and follow it religiously.
- You should massage the product on the affected area until it is absorbed into the skin.
In certain cases, the dermatologists may suggest using two such ingredients that can prove helpful in removing stretch marks from the body.
- Hyaluronic acid
- Retinoid named Tretinoin
Any medication, be it a gel, cream of serum, containing these ingredients can help in making the stretch marks less noticeable.
The primary treatment for problems like stretch marks always begin at home. This has to do with the fact that they are more natural than other forms of treatment and definitely cost-effective. Most of the ingredients used in the home remedies for stretch marks are easily available in every household.
- Rubbing a sugar scrub on the affected area. It is made using granulated sugar and coconut oil.
- Massaging aloe vera gel on the affected region.
- Massaging olive oil, a rich source of antioxidants, can help in treating the skin damage.
- Applying egg white directly on the stretch marks can reduce their visibility.
- Massaging coconut oil on the region can be helpful. Coconut is a well known remedy for lightening scars on the body.
- Massaging lemon juice into the skin can also reduce the visibility of stretch marks.
- Massaging argan oil on the marks can also fade them.
- Massaging the potato juice on the region can be helpful. It is known to be an effective solution for lightening blemishes, spots, and dark circles. Then why not stretch marks?
- Apricots paste, a rich source of vitamins A, B, and C, can also be applied on the affected area for 15-20 mins.
- Gotu Kola, a medicinal herb, is used to treat various skin issues. Applying the smooth paste made using the herb, can lighten the marks.
WHY TO CHOOSE BIO OIL FOR STRETCH MARKS?
The unique formulation of the product ensures healing of stretch marks. It consists of essential vitamins, oils, plant extracts – all of nature’s elements, to moisturize the skin, prevent the itchiness caused by stretch marks, lighten their color and eventually, make the skin look soft and supple.
IS BIO OIL SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION?
Bio oil does not pose any serious side effects to the body. In certain cases, for example, if you have extremely oily skin or are sensitive to any of the ingredients in the product, it may cause acne despite being a non-comedogenic product. In such situations, it is important to consult a doctor.
It is also recommended to not apply the product if you have broken, wounded and bleeding skin. Moreover, the product is not free from allergen as it contains Linalool, which gives the product its fragrance.
Make sure that you test the product. In case you are allergic to any of its ingredients, this test will give you a heads up. Do not ignore any hints. If you experience a reaction, discontinue its use immediately.
BIO OIL REVIEWS – LEARN WHAT THE CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- Bio oil has been awarded more than 350 awards globally.
- It is one of the leading skincare products in 25 nations.
- It has received an average customer rating of 4.3 out of 5.
- More than 95% of the female customers claim that Bio oil has been an effective solution for their stretch marks and reduces their appearance in just 8 weeks.
- People also appreciated the soothing fragrance of the product.
- Customers mentioned that the product might take several months to give you desired results.
A customer mentioned – “Use the product only if you have enough patience.”
- Many consumers raised concerns about the high pricing of the product.
- Others also complained that using the product led to problems like acne and skin itching.
- A few of the customers claimed that the using product did not provide them with any beneficial results.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION ABOUT STRETCH MARKS AND BIO OIL
Is it safe to use Bio oil for pregnancy related stretch marks?
Is the oil only meant for females?
Do stretch marks really go away?
Is the product suitable for children?
CONCLUSION – THE FINAL WORD
Worrying about your stretch marks is a natural thing. It is no surprise that they can be a little intimidating as they affect the appearance of your skin.
It is important to realise that stretch marks are a common problem associated with the body and there is not much one can do to prevent it. They appear as the body evolves over the periods of time.
They can, however, be treated. It is quite understandable that while some of us are comfortable with this change, for others it can be a reason for low self-confidence. It may as well affect the mental well-being of the person. To end their worry, there are plenty of man-made as well as natural solutions. Bio oil is one of them. It can be a helping hand in the process of getting rid of stretch marks. The effectiveness is subjective, but surely worth a try. Yes, it is an expensive product and definitely not meant for all. But, it seems like sometimes good things do demand a high price.