A beginner’s guide to stretch marks in men
Stretch Marks In Men – When the skin stretches rapidly, stretch marks (striae) might form. Stretch marks in men emerge as parallel lines of red, thinned, shiny skin that eventually turn pale and scar-like. Stretch marks do not need to be treated. They usually diminish with time, whether they are treated. They may never totally vanish.
Stretch marks in men:
Stretch marks aren’t all the same. They differ based on how long you’ve had them, what caused them, where they’re located on your body, and your skin type. The following are examples of common variations:
- Streaks of pink, red, black, blue, or purple
- Streaks of bright colour that fade to a softer tint
- Significant swaths of ink cover large parts of the page.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks have a hereditary component, so if someone in your family has them, you are more likely to have them as well. Stretch marks in males can cause a variety of factors, including:
- Cushing syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and Marfan’s syndrome are examples of adrenal illnesses.
- Puberty growth surge
- Weight reduction or increase in a short period.
- Weight lifting leads to fast muscular development.
Stretch marks, also known as symptoms, emerge when your skin stretches beyond its normal limit. The strain is frequently caused by weight increase, although it can also cause by quick growth. Stretch marks are more frequent in women, although they can occur in men as well.
Stretch marks caused by a variety of factors that doctors have yet to identify. Instead, they believe that stretch marks are the result of a mix of variables that create changes in the skin like stretch marks in arms, in the stomach, anywhere else in the body. These are some of them:
- Hormones, to be precise.
- The skin stretches physically.
- Skin cells undergo modifications.
Is it possible to avoid stretch marks?
Stretch marks are difficult to prevent since genetics and hormones play a role in their development. Getting rid of stretch marks by maintaining a healthy weight without fast changes is one approach to lower your risk of developing stretch marks. This helps to prevent skin stretching, which can lead to stretch marks.
If you’re worried about stretch marks, talk to your dermatologist about treatment choices and preventative measures. They can provide recommendations based on your health requirements.
Stretch marks, especially if they are large or severe, can have a significant impact on a person’s self-esteem. Many individuals turn to products that promise to prevent and/or lessen the appearance of SD to get rid of them. But, there is currently insufficient clinical data to back up these assertions.
Nonetheless, there are several over-the-counter and natural remedies that are thought to function better than others.
It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to get rid of stretch marks in an entirely natural method. They’re a sort of scarring that very rarely disappears to the point of being undetectable. But, several home cures might help stretch marks fade faster and seem less noticeable.
- Sucrose – White sugar mixed with a little almond oil is highly beneficial and can help to significantly reduce stretch marks. Furthermore, sugar is an excellent exfoliate that may assist you in achieving scar-free skin.
- Aloe vera is a kind of plant that is used to treat a variety – Aloe-Vera is most likely the most effective treatment for skin disorders, particularly stretch marks. It contains calming and therapeutic effects that aid in the removal of stretch marks.
- White egg – Egg whites are high in proteins and amino acids, which aid in the removal of stretch marks in males. You should anticipate good results if you massage a white egg on your stretch marks three times a day.
Medical therapy options include:
Dermatologists may also recommend therapies to decrease the appearance of stretch marks, such as hyaluronic acid or vitamin A. Two large-scale studies found that putting hyaluronic acid to fresh stretch marks made them less apparent, according to the American Academy of Dermatology.
Retinol lotions, which are vitamin A derivative that promotes skin cell turnover, had the same effect. However, to diminish or remove stretch marks, a person is required to apply the creams often over the period of 24 weeks.
The following medical therapies may aid in the reduction of stretch marks:
- Chemical peels
- Laser therapy
Despite this, certain over-the-counter and natural treatments are thought to be more effective than no therapy at all.
Male stretch marks are a pain to deal with. They detract from your looks and may cause you to appear older than you are.
Hopefully, the tips provided above will assist in preventing their occurrence and lowering the possibilities of their occurrence in the first place. Consider seeing a dermatologist if you’re worried about your stretch marks. There are many non-invasive options accessible nowadays.